Tiramisu Recipe: Famous Italian Dessert Pudding
The Italian word ‘Tiramisu’ which literally translates into “pull me up” is one of the most sought-after Italian sweet dishes. It is prepared with biscuits (usually savoiardi) dipped in coffee, layered with a whisked concoction of eggs and mascarpone, and enriched with liquor and cocoa. The cooking technique has been altered into numerous kinds of puddings, cakes and other desserts.
Download Video from YouTube | YouTube to MP3
The cooking ingredients for this dessert are:
- Serves 6
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 tbsp fine sugar
- 250 gms marscarpone cheese
- 2 tbsp of a coffee liqueur or marsala
- 500 ml coffee
- 200 gms ladyfinger biscuits (Savoiardi are also good to use)
- cocoa powder
Dessert Recipe Preparation:
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg yokes and sugar until the mixture is thick and pale.
- Add the marscarpone and keep whisking.
- Mix in the brandy and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites and a pinch of salt until firm.
- Using a spatula, gently fold them into the marscapone mixture.
- Place the cold coffee in a shallow bowl.
- Dip the biscuits in the coffee then place them in the serving dish in a single layer.
- Pour the marscapone mixture on top of the layer of biscuits.
- Place another layer of coffee-soaked biscuits on top and repeat the process until all biscuits have been used.
- The last layer of the tiramisù is a layer of the marscapone mixture.
- Cover the dish with cling film and chill for a few hours.
- Before serving, dust the tiramisù with cocoa powder.
- The end result is a soft, creamy cake to be eaten with a spoon.