Mantovana Tea Cake Recipe
- 1 Whole Egg
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 150 gm Sugar
- 180 gm White Flour
- 150 gm Butter
- Peel of One Lemon
- 80 gm Pine Nuts or Shaved Almonds
- Icing Sugar
- This pastry recipe serves 8.
- In a bowl, beat the egg, then add 150 gms of sugar and 50 gms of icing sugar.
- Mix well.
- Very slowly incorporate the melted butter, making sure to mix continuously, then add the flour and lemon peel.
- After mixing well, pour into a baking tin of approximately 25 cm diameter which has been greased and lined with baking paper.
- Cover the mixture with the almonds or pinenuts.
- Bake in a 180°C oven for approximately 45 minutes.
- Serve dusted with icing sugar.
Try this tea cake pastry recipe at home and we keenly await your precious feedback or useful comments. We’d also love to host you at our kitchen in Florence, Italy for hands on experience. Visit www.tuscany-cooking-class.com to know more about what our cooking school has to offer.