• 320g Arborio rice
• 3 carrots, chopped
• 1 bunch of asparagus, chopped
• Fresh peas
• 3 shallots, chopped
• 1 glass of white wine
• 1 ½ litres of vegetable broth, boiling hot
• 6 tablespoons of olive oil
• 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
• Salt to taste
• A little peperoncino pepper, add very little and taste before adding more
Sauté all of the vegetables in 6 tablespoons of olive oil on a medium flame for 10 minutes, then add the rice and toast in the vegetables for about 2 minutes.
Add the white wine and let it evaporate for around 3 minutes. Add a generous pinch of salt and then begin to add the boiling hot broth a little at a time and let the rice cook for 15 minutes.
Remove the rice from the flame and add the grated parmesan and a knob of butter if desired to give the risotto a creamy taste. Stir lightly and let cool for 2 minutes before serving.