Italian Risotto (Rice) Recipe
This main course Italian cooking video tutorial from Tuscany is about the best way to cook the Sparkling wine (Champagne) & Scamorza Cheese Risotto Recipe. The list of ingredients for this traditional Italian meal which serves 5 people is:
- 350 gms rice
- 150 gms smoked scamorza cheese
- 1 bottle of Brut Spumante
- ½ L salted vegetable broth
- extra virgin olive oil
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a deep frypan (it is better to use a frypan rather than a saucepan, as the rice has more coverage on the heated pan therefore allowing it to cook better).
- Once the oil has been heated for a couple of minutes, add the rice.
- Let it toast for around 3-5 minutes, then add the entire bottle of champagne.
- Bring to the boil, continuously stirring for around 10 minutes or until the rice starts top thicken and the liquid evaporates.
- In the last 5 minutes add the vegetable broth and the smoked scamorza cheese.
- Make sure to stir continuously with a wooden spoon.
- Take off the heat before the rice becomes too soft.
- Let sit for a few minutes, covered.
- This allows the risotto to become a little thicker and creamier.
Do try this Italian rice or risotto recipe at home and your very helpful feedback or remarks are welcome. We would like to host you at our kitchen in Florence, Italy for practical experience. Take a look at www.tuscany-cooking-class.com to learn much more about our cooking school.